Relationships are not meant to be easy, but if certain signs arise, it may be time to consider if the relationship is right for you and your partner. Below are five deal breakers that can have a negative effect on your relationship. Avoiding these will allow your relationship to flourish and continue in the right direction. If your relationship encompasses many of these issues, it is time to think about whether or not the relationship can continue.
• No Communication The most important thing about a relationship is communication. If you do not have this, your relationship will be broken. Being in a relationship means you are in a team, hence you should always make decisions together or at least speak about them together. Without communication, a relationship can easily break
• Distrust If you do not trust your partner, you will find it difficult to stay together. There will always be the thought that they are doing something wrong and you can never feel at ease. Besides communication, a relationship should have trust.
• High Expectations Where do the expectations stop? It is never a good idea to have high expectations in a relationship as it could be damaging. It is all about working together, not about expecting the world from your partner. You cannot expect them to do everything for you including the cooking and cleaning. Help each other out.
• Letting Yourself Go Whether you are in a short term or long term relationship, it is always important to look after yourself and your appearance. Just because you are in a relationship does not mean you have to let go. Always make an effort, as your partner will appreciate it.
• Different Goals & Values If you can’t negotiate and come to a common goal, you may run into some trouble in your relationship. This can lead to regular fights, as you do not agree on certain issues. If you have different future goals, most likely your relationship may end sooner rather than later. You and your partner should have similar goals and values for your relationship to work.