Many of us are immersed in pop culture and the lives celebrities lead. Besides their fame and riches, they are normal people that want to find love just like the rest of us. There are so many celebrity hookups that do not last, just like Kim Kardashian’s marriage to Kris Smith only lasting 72 days. Conversely, you have those couples that hold a strong bond and are standing the test of time. Below I have collaborated my top 6 power couples that put love, marriage, commitment and children in front of their fame and status.
1. The Bekhams – David & Victoria Meeting in 1997, the English soccer star and pop sensation married in 1999. This power couple have four children and have kept a strong commitment to each other and their family no matter what the media has thrown at them.
courtesy of cnn.com - David & Victoria
2. The Carters - Jay-Z & Beyonce There is no other couple like this one. Dating since 1999, the couple married in 2008. Together they have taken the world by storm by collaborating musically with songs including ‘Bonnie and Clyde’, ‘Crazy in Love’ and ‘Drunk Love’. Together they now have a beautiful little girl named Blue Ivy. This influential couple continue to be a powerhouse, showing the world that nothing can tear them apart.
courtesy of usmagazine.com - Beyonce & Jay-Z
3. The Tatums - Channing & Jenna Meeting on the set of the movie Step Up in 2006, this couple got married in 2009. No matter where these two are captured by the paparazzi, they look extremely happy and completely in love and infatuated with each other. The Tatum's have added an addition to their family, with Jenna giving birth to a baby girl named Everly in 2013.
courtesy of usmagazine.com - The Tatums & The Martins
4. The Martins - Chris & Gwenyth After meeting backstage of Chris Smith’s Coldplay concert, the famous actress and lead singer got married one year after they met. Together they have two children Apple and Moses. This couple show us that you do not have to be together for a long time before tying the knot. Just like the Martins, some couples know that they are meant to be together and don't waste time making that commitment.
5. The Smiths – Will & Jada This long-standing couple have known each other since 1990 but officially started dating in 1995. Will and Jada got married in 1997 and have two children together. Even though they are in the public eye, they keep their relationship private and put their marriage and family before their careers.
courtesy of usmagazine.com - The Smiths & The Rossdales
6. The Rossdales - Gavin & Gwen Singer Gwen Stefani dated musician Gavin Rossdale for six years before they got married. The couple have just had their third child earlier this year on February 28. Just like all the other couples who made this list, the Rossdales are committed to their children and each other no matter what scrutiny they face within the public eye.