25 Ways to Spot a Stingy Man
Recently I have heard some disastrous dating stories from my single friends. It made me think of what really repulses me most in a man and I have to admit being stingy would be one of the worst characteristics. So I came up with my own check list on how to spot a Stingy Man.
1. He won't take you out saying he prefers to just chill out at his place or yours watching movies. You always end up cooking and buying the wine.
2. He still lives with his parents, or after the divorce moved back home and has no near future plans to move out.
3. He owns a 20 year old car in pristine condition with low kms that lives in the garage. He didn't lose his licence and he walks everywhere. Which means he rarely goes far from home.
4. If you go out, he forgets his wallet more than once or he always says "Let's go dutch", often you end up paying the bill as he cries broke.
5. He gives gifts that were gifts to him or freebies he received buying other items in bulk.
6. He owns a collection of discount vouchers you never realized existed and proudly shows them off.
7. He earns 4 times as much as you but when you give into going on a holiday he emails you a spreadsheet sharing costs right down the line for accommodation, airfares, transfers, dining out, flights, car hire -even measuring the kms it will take to drive on the map to destinations, multiplied by the cost of petrol. The total cost to you halved to the nearest cent.
8. If he takes you out anywhere he will snap the calculator out of his pocket and work out the bill for everyone, even in a taxi.
9. He will drive an extra 2 kms to use a discounted petrol voucher not thinking about the petrol he just consumed in getting there.
10. If dining out he always uses a 'buy one get one free meal voucher'. He will also complain about the food hoping for a free meal or further discount.
11. He thinks flowers are a waste of money. For Valentines Day he might give in and buy a cheap bunch a few days prior to the actual day. Offering you a wilted bunch that die shortly after you receive them.
12. He doesn't work, doesn't want to work. Or he will say he is an independent consultant which basically is the same as being unemployed. If he works, he invests his money in shares and is often caught constantly checking their value.
13. He lives on welfare/government grants, unfairly claiming some ridiculous percentage of indigenous lineage to get freebies. When everyone knows he is as indigenous as you are an Eskimo.
14. He won't use the air con or heater in the car or at home. He has to pull the blanket off his bed if you keep complaining.
15. He uses candles to light his home. At first you thought he was being romantic but when he panics at your turning the lights on you know the real reason.
16. He turns off all the electrical switches in the house and pulls all the devices plugs out of their sockets.
17. He labels the linen cupboard shelving eg. Pillowslips, Bottom Sheets, Top Sheets, Towels, Tea Towels, all in terrifying order.
18. He uses an office bull clip on the toothpaste tube to squeeze out the last drop and he will then cut the end off an scrap it out clean.
19. He will talks constantly about money but you rarely see or hear about him spending it.
20. He wears out of date, faded and fraying clothes.
21. He is boring as he has no hobbies as that might cost money.
22. He never had children as he quotes 'Children cost too much'.
23. He eats all three meals a day at home or takes a sandwich to work. In his free time he plays games on the internet and enters competitions to win things.
24. He has an internet dating profile but will arrange to meet them at the park. He will have a bottle of beer for himself in his pocket. Nothing for you.
25. He is 55 years old and still single.
254509 - 2023-07-19 07:59:35